Get option to import word document and split by Word headings Does not Appear

dans0l January 10, 2023

I do not get the option to split the word document by heading, it uploads the whole document.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 223704.pngScreenshot 2023-01-10 223725.pngScreenshot 2023-01-10 223746.png

2 answers

2 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2023

Hi @dans0l welcome to the Atlassian community.

In addition to my colleague @Summer_Hogan response, I would like to add few details. When importing a Word doc, the "Confluence Cloud" (per your query category selected), it is imported as-is without "splitting by heading".

If you are using Confluence Data center v8, link by @Summer_Hogan will be handy. If using Cloud version, details on this article will be handy.

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Thanks @G subramanyam!

1 vote
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2023

Hi @dans0l - after you upload the word document, are you not getting the the import document options appearing? This article has step by step instructions, which I hope helps. 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/import-a-word-document-into-confluence-170493136.html 

Thomas Palludan Hargreaves March 3, 2023

@Summer_Hogan We have the same problem on our Confluence cloud site. The documentaiton you shared seems to only be valid for DataCenter/On-prem?

No popup after importing seems to happen on Cloud.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events