• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Get email results from Log Analyzer?

I have Confluence and JIRA Software. I configured both to send me emails of the daily results from the log analyzer.

I get my result emails from JIRA Software but I do not get result emails from Confluence. This says to me that my mail server is working correctly. I then verified my settings under "Mail Servers" and everything is okay.

I went further and clicked the link in Confluence Mail Servers to "Send test email". The test email reports that it was sent successfully and I receive it without issue.

Why is it I can receive test emails from Confluence but the Log Analyzer fails to send me my daily scan results?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Jan 10, 2020

Hello there!

This might sound a little simplistic, but I would like to understand if you checked the spam filter of your email inbox. Sometimes important emails end up there for no apparent reason. I have faced this issue a number of times and the emails ended up in the spam box.

After that, we could check if the email left Confluence and reached your inbox, as intended.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you for your response. 

Just to be certain I did check my spam folder and there is nothing there. It is important to note that:

• I am using MS Outlook to collect my emails
  • The mail server is being hosted locally on our intranet using hMailServer. This means there is no spam filtering.
  • JIRA is sending daily support results without issue using the same configuration settings

I would be very interested in learning how to trace the emails that are leaving and supposed to be leaving Confluence. This way I can narrow down the exact point of failure. Also, I am always open to learning more about how I can diagnose the inner workings of Confluence so that I can better understand how the mechanisms work moving forward.

I look forward to your response and any help you can provide.

Hi, did you ever figure this one out?

We are experiencing similar problem.

Jira is sending the Log Analyzer results to configured email address, but Confluence is not with the same exact configuration.

And the solution is not the spam folder in our case.

I did not and I do not know how to verify that the email left Confluence. I have ultimately put this issue on the back burner because Atlassian support is not being responsive and I have higher priority tasks at the moment. So, I manually check the state of my Confluence on a weekly basis and have dubbed that good enough for now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

335 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you