Get FULL inline comments from confluence API.

Dawid Weiss July 26, 2021

Hi,

I've got a problem when it comes to downloading inline comments. When following the docs:

https://docs.atlassian.com/ConfluenceServer/rest/7.12.3/#api/content-getContentById

and doing GET request at:

http://my-project.com/confluence/rest/api/content/1234?expand=extensions.inlineProperties

all of the comments are "croped" -> If comment is longer than ~256 characters, API returns first 252 characters and three dots. So the response looks like:

{

extesnions : {
       inlineProperties: {

originalSelection : "First 252 chars of my comment...",
           markerRef:"<someMarkerRef>"
      },

}

}

How can i modify API request to get full comment?

2 answers

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2021

Hi Dawid,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us!

There's a feature request below that has some information on how you might be able to obtain inline comments using API:

• CONFSERVER-43583 Ability to get the status of inline comments through REST API

Look at Hasnae's comment there. If you still have trouble, I recommend trying the Atlassian Developer Community instead.

I hope that helps!

Shannon

1 vote
Irina_Bel{Stiltsoft}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 19, 2021

Hi @Dawid Weiss

We can suggest a workaround with the help of the Talk Report feature in our Talk - Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence app.

Talk Report allows overviewing comments made on a specific page and/or space and see in it the following data:

• Name of a page where an inline comment/suggestion was created
  • Link to an inline comment/suggestion
  • Initial comment/suggestion
  • Priority of an inline comment/suggestion
  • Status (open, resolved, archived)
  • Discussion/suggestion author
  • Users mentioned in a discussion
  • Date when a talk was started
  • Date of talk resolution

image (24).png

A good case is to use this app with the Table Filter and Charts  app. With the combination of these apps, you can filter comments by a certain user, the priority of a comment (low, medium, or high), and its status(open, archived, or resolved). These filters can help you to see which comments may take your immediate reaction. 

image (22).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events