It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Get Best Match when searching Confluence

Yaacov Weingarten Nov 16, 2017

When using the Confluence REST API to perform a search. Is there a way to configure it to:

• Present results in a prioritized order with the "best match" first etc.
  • Specify the fields to include in the list of responses, for example - if I am interested only in the content and url fields (excluding all other fields, like excerpt, ancestors, etc

?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch Nov 16, 2017 • edited

As far as I know, the results of the Confluence CQL search are, if not ordered by another field, already returning the "best match" first.

As for the fields to include in the responses, there are several fields that are expanded by default, but if you expand on one or more different fields (like ?expand=body.view and you can expand more fields by listing them separated by a comma), then it will not expand the rest. There are some fields that are returned by default though that you cannot turn off. Anything left over you'll just have to filter out.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,963 views 10 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you