Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a JIRA ticket from a calendar event

Ben Holmes March 28, 2018

when my team experiences a critical outage, we put a "system downtime" event in our team calendar (which is in confluence).

We are supposed to enter a JIRA ticket to correspond with this even, but in the heat of the moment, this step is often overlooked. 

Later, when we meet to discuss our events and potential solutions, we often see that the JIRA ticket hasn't been created (in the heat of an outage, this step is often missed).

I am wondering if you can have a JIRA ticket automatically generated when the event is created? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2018

I don't know if those are integrated in a nice way, but you could try to integrate them via emailing.

If the calendar app can send out notification emails on event creation (I guess it can), then there are mail handler apps for Jira that can periodically poll a mailbox and create new issues from the emails received.

If this works, it can be a perfect solution even if "not nice".

0 votes
Chays van Deventer July 17, 2021

I found a way to do this using zapier.com. In my case I wanted to create a ticket for every client meeting to take notes in.

I setup a trigger that runs from my calendar at the start of an event (this will then account for recurring events) and I search for a special character as I only want client meetings to create a ticket and not every meeting. In my case I used ~ as the special character.

I then create an action to create a ticket, specify the project and fields and Boom!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events