Full size image broken after image attachment from iOS

Billy_Rittson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2019

Hi, I've noticed similar questions to this, but they seem to have slightly different symptoms.

Every image I have attached from iOS displays the preview correctly, and even displays correctly while editing; the size of the preview can be changed, even. However, clicking the image shows:

Ouch! We can't load the image.

https://api.media.atlassian.com/file/1d1a4e47-45ab-47b4-a201-abb680e9cb9f/artifact/document.pdf/binary?client=...

Following the url gives something like:

{"error":{"code":"NotFoundError","title":"The file with the given id does not exist","href":"https://api.media.atlassian.com#NotFoundError"}}

However, clicking the download button correctly downloads the image! 

The JavaScript console gives a collection of 404 errors, and some about WebSockets connections being refused. I haven't attached the full output due to length.

I'm using Chrome 71.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2019

Hello Billy,

It appears you are running into this known bug, if you were uploading the images using the iOS Confluence App.

• CONFCLOUD-63072 Images uploaded through Confluence Cloud Mobile App on iOS does not load in the Web Version of Confluence on PC

As a workaround, you can opt to upload the images using the iOS Safari Mobile web browser instead.

Could you confirm if you were indeed using the mobile app and if Safari is a valid workaround for you?

Regards,

Shannon

Billy_Rittson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that I have been uploading images using the iOS app. I will use Mobile Safari as an interim workaround.

Regards,

Billy

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2019

Thank you for confirming that was your issue, Billy.

I hope to see a resolution soon.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events