Freeze the JIRA ticket status on a Confluence Page

Majo February 11, 2021

We create Confluence pages corresponding to each Sprint in JIRA.

Page 1 : We have JIRA JQL Macros Eg : jql : project = ABC and sprint = S1

Page 2 : jql : project = ABC and sprint = S2

Imagine Sprint S1 when Closed has 10 issues ( 8 Done and 3 In Progress ). 

The 3 'In Progress' issues are moved to next Sprint S2 and are Closed in S2.

Now if I visit Page 1 in confluence, it would show 10 issues all 'Closed' which is the current status. I have no-way of knowing what was the status of all issues "when Sprint S1 was Closed". (I am aware of JQL functions like "incompleteInSprint". However they will not help in my case as I need the exact status )

Is there a way I can "freeze" a confluence page to retrieve data from JIRA only once and cache it somehow, and don't query JIRA again ?

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2021

I'm pretty sure you can't freeze the Jira macro.

A couple of workarounds I have in mind. None of them are ideal.

1. Take a screenshot instead of a using a macro
  2. Use scriptrunner and use a scripted field where you fetch the status at a particular moment in time 
  3. Edit the time to live
    By setting this to a very high number no Jira macro's will be refreshed. Of course tis impacts your whole instance
    last paragraph on:
    https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-bypass-the-caching-mechanism-for-jira-issues-macro-in-confluence-1005331319.html
Majo February 11, 2021

@Charlie Misonne 

Thank you for your answer. Let me try experimenting with the Script Runner approach.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events