Freeze page section or make section/panel/TOC float

Annholm Annholm May 17, 2022

Is there any way to freeze a page section/column while letting the rest of the page scroll? I'd like to have a floating / fixed table of contents (also useful for notes, warnings or similar) that remains on the screen at all times while the user scrolls through the page. It can be a top section or a side section of the page that is frozen, similar to freezing a header row in a table, only that this should instead freeze a portion of the page.

Is there any addon that can do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2022

Hello Annholm,

Thank you for raising this request on Atlassian Community! I wanted to share our open feature request for the same:

Please add your vote and watch the ticket if you're interested in future updates.

I'm not aware of any apps that allow that functionality. Hopefully, a vendor can recommend one to you!

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Annholm Annholm May 19, 2022

Hi @Shannon S

I have voted. Hadn't seen that one before but I have seen at least 5 other issues with the same feature request. I have not seen any action though.  Is it hard for Atlassian to provide this functionality? To freeze a page column seems pretty basic and you have numerous users requesting it.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2022

Hi Annholm,

I found similar requests, but they referred to tables instead of page sections. If you find similar requests on the Jira site, can you link those? Then, I can merge them into one case to prevent duplicate efforts.

Unfortunately, I don't know how difficult it is for the development team to implement such a feature, but other factors could be tying up the team's resources. For example, the ones mentioned in our new features policy.

However, thank you for your suggestion! It's much appreciated.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Annholm Annholm May 30, 2022

@Shannon Sis the development team not watching here? And are you not in touch with them? I think any answers would be helpful only if they come from the people who can affect the issues being discussed. Can we count on that issues raised here reach the team?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events