Freeze header

jemima.chadwick February 1, 2019

My table is on a page. I don't have anything else on the page. When i scroll the page, is it possible to have the header on the list freeze? 

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2019

Hi Jemima,

Confluence table sticky headers have some conditions when this feature does not work. Also it can freeze only the first row.

As Jared suggested, you can use  Table Filter macro Feeze first N rows option: it has no these limitations and you can freeze multiple rows and columns. You can play with this option on the demo site.

jemima.chadwick February 2, 2019

Thank you Andrey. Yes, I saw many threads and videos of how to do that. Sadly when i type "{ filter" right above my table, the "table filter" option does show up. Neither can i find it in my "other macros" list. 

I am missing something simple.. any clues to you so far?

Also, the first bullet in below post made me think because my table is on a page it wont scroll with sticky header. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/tables-136463.html?_ga=2.31045375.1713047545.1549040374-232318818.1549040374#Tables-stickytableheadersStickytableheadersinviewmode

Hence I tried to attach the "table filter and charts" macro but that option won't show up somehow.

Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2019

Hi Jemima,

The Table Filter macro is part of the paid Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.  If it's not in your list then your admin hasn't purchased it.

You may want to try the Office Excel macro to see if that better meets your needs.

Good luck!

Like jemima.chadwick likes this

oh that explains.. I wasn't aware if that. Thank you Jared.

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

As this question mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

Our new macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view&edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

0 votes
Kunal Shah October 4, 2021

The header stays in view mode, but most important require is edit mode when values need to be updated. any solution to that problem ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2021

Hi @Kunal Shah ,

The Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app mentioned above allows you to have sticky headers in the page edit mode for Server and Data Center.

If your hosting is Cloud, you'll get a sticky header only in the page view mode due to the new Cloud editor limitations.

Kunal Shah October 5, 2021

Thanks a lot @jemima.chadwick  it works 👍👍

0 votes
Daniel D. October 1, 2020

I was having a lot of trouble with this - and this is what I found:

If you have a table within a Section (Layout Section), or within a Macro (like the Expand Macro), then the Header will not stick.

If you have a table just on the page, and the table has a Header, then it will stick. My co-worker told me that this is a known bug that was first reported in 2017 - that they have not fixed yet

Try putting your table just on the main page (not within a Section, or a Macro), and I bet it will work for you.

If you are ok paying for it, the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence by StiltSoft app looks pretty good. (This app was also recommended by another user on this page already)

0 votes
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2019

Hi Jemima,

If you click the Heading row button it will toggle header row functionality for your table.  Make sure your cursor is in the table when you're editing the page and you'll see another row of buttons at the top:

Header row.PNG

The first row of your table will then freeze when scrolling, and will inherit other header row functionality (like sorting) as well.

Good luck!

EDIT: this functionality might come from the Table Filter macro, which we have installed on our instance of Confluence Server.  Do you see this on your page?

jemima.chadwick February 1, 2019

Hi Jared,

I see the tool bar, but nothing happens when I select/deselect the toggle switch. Is it because the table is embedded on a web page? Also I have 2 top rows that act as header that I need to freeze. The first one has some merged cells, so as to club columns together. Could that be causing the issue?

Thanks

Jemima

Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2019

If that table is on an external page that you're pulling in to Confluence (perhaps through an iFrame), then Confluence formatting options won't affect it.  You'd need to set the formatting on the original page.

oh just seeing this Jared. No, my table is on a page within the confluence space.  

manoj April 18, 2019

looks like no solution without table filter macro which is paid macro

Deleted user September 1, 2019

This might help, will be interested to hear yes or no.

I went to the Heading Row button as suggested by Jared - it was on by default. So I switched it off, published, switched it back on again, published again, and bingo the header sticks!

Like # people like this
stefaan.follens November 14, 2019

@Julie

yes, works also on my end. Thanks.

Julie November 14, 2019

Wrong Julie.

Rhonda Ross March 3, 2021

@[deleted] Your suggestion worked for me!  I needed to SAVE my changes after toggling off, before I toggled it back on for it to work, but then it did!  Thank you.

Lisa G March 25, 2021

When I try to freeze the top two rows using the Table filter listed here, for some reason a vertical scroll bar is automatically added to the table. Do you all have any suggestions on how to eliminate the scroll or control the size of the table displayed?

Thanks!! 

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2021

Hi @Lisa G ,

In the latest version of the Table Filter and Charts app, you can set the custom height of the table.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events