Free options to embed an iframe in Confluence

Joey Freeland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 21, 2017

Is there a free way to embed an iframe in Confluence?

I have a very simple use case:

I want to be able to embed my Office 365 spreadsheet into my Confluence.  This could just as easily be a Google Docs Spreadsheet or document.

I need to be able to manage my inventory in a spreadsheet, I can't realistically expect people to download/edit/reattach a spreadsheet to an article when something changes, and ... given that this is my first week at a new job where they use Confluence ... I'm blown away that I can't find a cheap and easy plugin that will allow me to do such a trivial function.

Please tell me I'm overlooking something and I don't have to pay more money to use this product?

1 answer

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

Hi Joey,

a Confluence administrator is able to add a user macro to your Confluence instance which will provide you with an iframe.

Create a user macro, call it "myIframe" (or what you like) and add the following to your user macro code:

(no macro body)

## @param Source:title=Source|type=string|required=true|desc=Source
## @param Width:title=Width|type=int|required=true|desc=Width
## @param Height:title=Height|type=int|required=true|desc=Height

<iframe src="$paramSource" noborder="0" width="$paramWidth" height="$paramHeight" scrolling="yes" seamless></iframe>

Then put the macro "myIframe" to your page and add the parameters Source, Width and Height.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events