Free options to embed an iframe in Confluence

Is there a free way to embed an iframe in Confluence?

I have a very simple use case:

I want to be able to embed my Office 365 spreadsheet into my Confluence.  This could just as easily be a Google Docs Spreadsheet or document.

I need to be able to manage my inventory in a spreadsheet, I can't realistically expect people to download/edit/reattach a spreadsheet to an article when something changes, and ... given that this is my first week at a new job where they use Confluence ... I'm blown away that I can't find a cheap and easy plugin that will allow me to do such a trivial function.

Please tell me I'm overlooking something and I don't have to pay more money to use this product?

1 answer

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Nov 21, 2017

Hi Joey,

a Confluence administrator is able to add a user macro to your Confluence instance which will provide you with an iframe.

Create a user macro, call it "myIframe" (or what you like) and add the following to your user macro code:

(no macro body)

## @param Source:title=Source|type=string|required=true|desc=Source
## @param Width:title=Width|type=int|required=true|desc=Width
## @param Height:title=Height|type=int|required=true|desc=Height

<iframe src="$paramSource" noborder="0" width="$paramWidth" height="$paramHeight" scrolling="yes" seamless></iframe>

Then put the macro "myIframe" to your page and add the parameters Source, Width and Height.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

204 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you