Forum software to integrate with confluence/jira

Hi,

Our nonprofit is looking to implement a forum on our website (we use confluence to run our wiki and jira to do some task management). We would like ot implement a forum that uses the same user base and lets them 'discuss' in the format of a forum. I really like the format used by forums.atlassian.com. Wanted to know what software is used to run Atlassian forums. And if that is being discontinued and osqa will take its place.

thanks,

Ravi

11 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The most populate one I know of is Adaptavist's community bubbles - https://www.adaptavist.com/display/Bubbles/About

In regards to the Atlassian forums, yes, they are being discontinued and Answers is being used instead.

Thanks Colin. We are trying out Community Bubbles too but wanted to know if the software used by Atlassian on forums.atlassian.com is available anywhere for download?

Are there any good examples of websites that use Community bubbles?

Awesome! We used it in developing brand new website with affordable essays! It was one on the most important tools.

The most populate one I know of is Adaptavist's community bubbles - https://www.adaptavist.com/display/Bubbles/About

In regards to the Atlassian forums, yes, they are being discontinued and Answers is being used instead.

The forums.atlassian.com was based on an older version of Jive Software.

AppFusions has a JIRA in Jive integration we are showing at JiveWorld11 this week, with much good fanfare by Jive customers.

Contact us if interested to talk about this or other variations. We can make it happen for you.

Best,

Ellen

ellen@appfusions.com

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I was using Bubbles as a forum, but Bubbles isn't supported in Confluence 4.0.

I've started to look at Jive, but so far there's so much marketing on their website that I haven't been able to find anything regarding using Jive with Confluence.

There has to be a good way to integrate forum's in Confluence 4.0, but so far the answer is ellusive.

Matt, I have looked at Jive website and had the same feeling. I think they are trying to cater to corporate clients now. I'm so cloe ot writing my own Rails Forum software but severaly limited by lack of time. Please do let me know if you find a good alternative. I will do as well.

I i feel trying to create the following script from the command line jira

jira.sh sh - action CreateProject - project infra-test - lead renan@oohm.com - server "https://oohm-software.atlassian.net" - user "renan@oohm.com" - password = 632659

then a message appears saying:

Remote error: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException: Can not create project: projectKey: You must specify a unique project key, at least 2 characters long, containing only uppercase letters.

what should I do to solve this problem?

Atlassian has just launched Confluence Questions (https://www.atlassian.com/questions) available in Beta, which is designed to replace forms with a Q&A-style discussion.

Hi @rkandikonda, great thought , how about if we have some app , where we can have jira integrated and we get jira updates in very structured way (meaning : for one jira id the updates gets aggregated and we don't have to search for updates, also it is real time )

ServiceNow and Jira Integration helps to better manage service requests. Jira Software provides issue tracking and project management software, teams.SynQ provides best services in industry

http://synq.cloud/solution/jira-servicenow-integration/

I Have done a large JIRA integration based on the Andersen's code, But I improved quite a lot there including the webhooks (used for updates from JIRA to Servicenow).

To debug your problems, the best way is to watch the ECC queue responses. There you can see the full JIRA response including the error messages and JSON. The Andersen's code is not very robust in terms of error handling. You will have to improve it before going into production.

You can Integrate Servicenow with JIRA using informatica cloud.Please visit the following link for detail: http://mansasys.com/servicenow

hope it will help you.

thank you.

Thank you so much for your help. It works perfectly. 

Do you know a community platform on your website can significantly increase customer engagement & reduce customer support tickets?

According to Forrester, 80% of companies are preferring an online community for support, given the strong inclination customers have for a quick self-service approach. It positively impacts User Experience, builds trust and improves SEO from user-generated content.

AnswerCart specializes in Deploying engaging, intuitive community.

Cara Allen I'm New Here Wednesday

I think SoftAlien will help your team manage projects, without losing sight of the big picture. This is the best software.

sam curran I'm New Here Wednesday

This is a great initiative taken in which users get benefitted and they can discuss more any problems. Data recovery Dubai helps us to know what software is used to run Atlassian forums.  Integrated with Jira improve the forum discussion.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

203 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you