Forms response table Attachments with Table transform

nothing much March 28, 2024

Hi,

There is a form containing a macro form - attachments. What is does is let the individual filling the form attach some document.

Now the response table for the form, contains this field data in a column named attachements with a download option in each row.

When i put the response table of the form in a table transform macro to clean the rows in the response table based on certain conditions. The Column containing the attachments shows "download" option, but that is not working.

What might be causing this issue and how can it be resolved?

1 answer

3 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hi @nothing much ,

The Table Transformer macro is ours and it belongs to the Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app.

The issue seems to be an expected behavior: the Table Transformer macro treats the source table as an SQL database (a table with headers and cells containing strings and numbers). So, when you manipulate with the attachments column, its contents is returned as a simple string.

You may try to use the Table Filter macro instead and try to filter out the unwanted rows. The Table Filter macro preserves initial cells formatting (for example, links), so, the download function may be working fine.

nothing much March 29, 2024

I require to modify the table in various ways: add new columns based on conditions on other columns, sort and order these rows to remove duplicates, rename various columns, etc.

How i achieve the above functionality and keep the attachments download function working without using Table Transformer Macro. 

The Table Filter Macro doesnt have these capabilities.

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

And what app are you using to create your source table? Confiforms (judging by the forms' names) or smth else? 

Maybe there is a kinda of a workaround to create a source table in a way that there will be no any needs to modify it later.

nothing much March 29, 2024

I am using forms in confluence. Its slightly different from confiforms. Due to certain restrictions i cant use confiforms.

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2024

Is it also a 3rd party app or smth?

Seems that nothing can be done from our side here.

Like nothing much likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events