Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting and styles in SQL Query macro with row display set to horizontal

Martin Berins January 12, 2017

When row display is set to horizontal in SQL Query macro, it seems like text alignment goes out the door. Numbers no longer get recognised even if column types are specified as F or FF, column, row and table styles (such as text-align:right) have no effect. Am I missing something?

Thank you very much in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2017

Good question since the rowOrientation parameter doesn't say anything about what should be expected. I have updated that to:

Note that most of the styling, formatting, sorting, auto, and similar parameters only apply to the vertical orientation setting.

That may not be the answer you wanted sad. I know when I was using this support a few years ago, the use case didn't have any needs in this area. Can you provide some detailed information on your use case so we can see what we may want to add in the future? I created SQL-483 for that discussion. You will need a login (Help).

Martin Berins January 16, 2017

I see 2 fundamental approaches you could take:
1) transpose the table and keep the styling fixed to the original layout (i.e. what used to be rows become columns, but keep their row style, and vice versa)
2) treat the transposed table as a new table and apply the styling afterwards (i.e. the new rows use row styling).

Maybe even a switch between the two modes?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2017

I think it would have to be 2. We could certainly apply the column styles to the 2 columns. I guess row styles like alternating coloring would apply fine. Would that help your use case?

Martin Berins January 17, 2017

I am actually somewhat more concerned about the recognition of content type, such as right-aligning numbers, calculating the automatic total row, etc.

As for the styles, it looks like once transposed, the first column assumes the style of what used to be the heading row - bold fonts. And the first row assumes the style of what used to be the first column.

On a slightly related note, how does one style the 'automatic' total row?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2017

You can customize the formatting - see Formatting the Auto Total Row for Numeric Columns. However, for styling, you would have to do that outside the macro using something like the style macro sad.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2017

@Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons]: All yours Bob smile

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2017

Thanks for the heads-up!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events