Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format text within Description field of an Issue Collector - Confluence

Judah June 24, 2020

In my Issue Collector, I want to format the pre-filled Description field text as BOLD. When I use Javascript .bold() it produces an interesting result!

$(document).ready(function() { 

// === I SET THE VALUE OF MY VARIABLE AND CALL THE BOLD METHOD
var describe = ('Please describe your request:').bold()

window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = $.extend(window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS, {

'ce68de52' : {

triggerFunction : function(showCollectorDialog) {

$('#feedbackbutton').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); showCollectorDialog(); }); } , fieldValues: {

// === I PASS MY VARIABLE INTO THE VALUE OF THE DESCRIPTION FIELD, THE RESULT IS HMTL AS TEXT???
description : `${describe}`

} } }); });

The above code displays as shown in the picture below. How do I format that pre-populated text as bold?? I am stumped!!

boldText.PNG 

1 answer

0 votes
Bao August 28, 2020

Description fields use wiki mark up, not html.

You should use *Please describe your request.*

More about wiki mark up is available at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-wiki-markup-251003035.html

Judah August 28, 2020

Thank you for your response!

Correct me if I am wrong, but in order to embed an issue collector on a Confluence page, one must use the HTML macro. 

When I format the text within the HTML macro with wiki markup (*Please describe your request*) as you have recommended it displays as such within the description field. It is not bolded, it displays text with asterisks. boldText2.png

I would like the user to see BOLD TEXT in the issue collector itself. Not simply text with the asterisks. 

Bao August 28, 2020

Below the description field, at the bottom left corner there is a rectangle button (toggle wili markup) and a question mark button(wiki markup help). Click on the rectangle button, you’ll see your text in bold.

Judah August 31, 2020

I see.

When I click the rectangle, the field then becomes locked to editing.

Is it possible to edit the field w/ mark up activated? 

Bao August 31, 2020

If you have Admin permission, you can configure the Description field to be in Preview mode when creating new issue (it’s not user friendly to lock the field when editing is it?). The other option is to write script to trigger click on the wiki markup button when the issue collector screen is loaded.

Madhurupa Moitra April 5, 2023

Is it possible to remove the rectangle button (toggle wiki markup) and the question mark button(wiki markup help)?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events