Format Children Display Macro

David Gfrerer March 29, 2022

Is there any way to format the content displayed by the "Children Display" Macro?

I want to put the content into a table or something like a box, change background and font colour, etc. 

Maybe any of you have experiences. Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hello @David Gfrerer ,

You cannot directly change the "Children Display" Macro being part of the Confluence platform (you could try to get it from the source jars , but it should NOT be done, you should not change the source code of the platform).

What you can do< I suppose:

1. Create your own macro with Atlassian SDK and make the logic you need
  2. Change how the "Children Display" Macro displays the information directly in the page UI after content is rendered using HTML/CDD/JS code in HTML macro or in Space/Global custom styles. 
David Gfrerer March 29, 2022

Hallo @Andrii Maliuta 

Thanks for your quick response, I basically got you.

What do you mean by source jars?  Can I  then get the source code of the macro just to copy it and use it in my own macro so I just have to change the formatting part?

Andrii Maliuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

@David Gfrerer ,

The bundled plugins are located in {CONFLUENCE_HOME}\confluence\WEB-INF\atlassian-bundled-plugins\...

e.g. TOC plugin - toc-plugin-6.1.4.jar

Please refer to these docs to read about SECURITY and RISKS :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-remove-bundled-or-system-plugins-648544751.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-edit-bundled-or-system-plugins-608731476.html

Like David Gfrerer likes this
1 vote
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2022

Hi @Andrii Maliuta As an alternative solution, you can try to use Content formatting macros for Confluence.

This plugin allows you to customise some things by putting the children display macro inside div macro and then using the CSS stylesheet macro to change colours and etc.

But I don't know if it will match your use case, and it requires some CSS knowledge. So if you need any help, please let me know (this app is developed by my team).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events