Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye or Subversion

Kiran Kumar February 21, 2013

Hi

We are planning to move our online help from Robohelp to Confluence. How good is confluence in Context Sensitive. While doing my side of research I came accross FishEye and Subversion. I have few doubts on this:

Can I use Subversion of context sensitive help?

How good is FishEye for CSH?

We are planning to port the content ASAP. So please help me out in this?

Thanks

Kiran Neel

1 answer

0 votes
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi Kiran.

I'm not sure I understand exactly, but Confluence is a wiki. It is not a content management system, nor is it publishing software. Robohelp appears to be a manual/help-publishing program rather than a collaborative content system. Depending on how you've been using Robohelp up to this point, the collaborative Wiki (via Confluence) may be a better system for you to track and maintain documentation.

Fisheye and Subversion are two entirely separate products. Subversion is owned by Apache and is a Version Control System (VCS). Fisheye is designed to process versioned data (i.e. a subversion repository) and provide statistics and analysis of that versioned data. Fisheye does not provide "help" or documentation like Robohelp or Confluence, only statistical analysis and review data.

Does that answer your questions?

Kiran Kumar February 24, 2013

Thanks Davis. But we are planning to use wiki based documentation for our application and I have found that we use FishEye for Context Sensitive Help:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2007/12/using_a_wiki_fo/

The above link has all the details. I need to come up with a plug-in for context sensitive help conflunece ASAP :(

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2013

That blog post takes the FishEye documentation as an example.

Confluence is the tool you want to look at.

If you need enhanced functionality context-sensitive help, you might want to look at Scroll Versions (http://www.k15t.com/software/scroll-versions/overview). It let's you manage page keys, which can be used to link UIs in the software with help topics.

Kiran Kumar February 24, 2013

Can Subversion be any helpful as we are using it with Jira and its free too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events