Finding resolved comments? Help!

Rob H May 22, 2018

I am tasked with making sure all requested changes to documents have actually been properly addressed.

We have many documents in Confluence, some of them at version 175 and higher. Our SMEs have been highlighting text and making comments to the documents, and the persons reading the comments have been deleting the text and making changes. Of course, when the text is deleted the comment goes away. Now, I am coming along behind, trying to make sure the original comments were properly addressed. How can I access those original comments? Is there a way?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

2 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2018

@Rob H,

Based on my testing in Confluence 6.6.1 (server), resolved and unresolved comments will still display on a page after you delete the sentence with the comment.

You can review these by clicking ... (page properties), and then click resolved comments.

a.jpg

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2018

Even if the comment wasn't answered, they will still display in "resolved comments".

Rob H May 24, 2018

When I go to a previous version of a document and follow the process you describe, it only shows comments I made concerning other documents associated with this one, and nobody else's. Help!

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2018

What displays in the current version? Should have all prior comments/answers.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2018

For future proofing, you might want to look into Camala Workflows and create an approval / publishing workflow. Changes requested --- changes made --- changes approved --- publish.. etc.

Rob H May 25, 2018

I am looking at a document right now, it is on version 214. The Resolved Comments entry in the ... menu shows 8 comments. I personally made over 30 comments in a previous version of this document.

I need to know how to look at all of the comments from all previous versions...

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2018

Is it possible your comments were part of replies? These are also visible at the bottom of each resolved comment.

If not replies, I would suggest creating a test page and seeing how comments are working in your environment. All of mine (including restoring version 1 as a test) saved all comment/reply tests:

a.jpg

If this functionality isn't working correctly, you should open a ticket with Atlassian.

Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2020

Hi Guys, do you know if there is way to display the resolved comments on a page? With a macro or so?

Like Viradeth Phromrasmy likes this
Vicki April 27, 2020

Also is there a way to view resolved comments other than through the '... > resolved comments' option?

We have a client who can't view it due to their browser limitations and can't change the browsers so I'm looking for alternative ways of viewing this information.

Thanks.

Like Magic Mike likes this
Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2020

what browser and what version of the browser is it?

jlohrmann October 25, 2021

Where do I find the resolved comments? They disappeared.

Irina_Bel{Stiltsoft}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2021

Hi Mike @Magic Mike ,

Talk Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence may come in handy for you. The app provides a feature called the Talk report where you can see not only the resolved comments but also the archived and open ones. Along with this, you find the following information in the report:

• Name of a page where an inline comment/suggestion was created
  • Link to an inline comment/suggestion
  • Initial comment/suggestion
  • Priority of an inline comment/suggestion
  • Discussion/suggestion author
  • Users mentioned in a discussion
  • Date when a talk was started
  • Date of talk resolution

Talk report.png

You can create a report for any page and/or space without leaving your current page.

The report is compatible with Table Filter and Charts app. You can use it to add filters to your reports, create pivot tables and charts to summarize and visualize the report data.

I hope I've managed to help you.

Kind regards,

Iryna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events