Finding Files with Versions

Samuel Carlisle/Nidhi Kalra January 8, 2018

How can I search or run a report to find all documents that have old versions?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

I hate to answer a question with a question but could you let us know more about the report and what it is meant to be used for?

Are you looking for attached documents with multiple versions or Confluence pages with multiple versions?

Samuel Carlisle/Nidhi Kalra January 8, 2018

Sorry about my lack of detail. I'm looking for attached documents that have multiple versions. The outdated versions are showing up in search results, so I need to track them down and remove them. As a side note (sorry again), does the current version of Confluence still return old versions of files in search results?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

I have it on good authority (Confluence developer) that the old versions of attachments are not searchable past Confluence 6.4. The current version is Confluence 6.6.1. Out of curiosity, what version are you seeing the behavior in?

I don't have a method for tracking down the old attachment versions and deleting them but you might consider disabling attachment indexing until after you upgrade. I am not sure how well that will work with the way your team uses Confluence, but it's an option.

Samuel Carlisle/Nidhi Kalra January 9, 2018

Thanks a ton for your help, Ann. We're on version 5.10.0 and trying to upgrade very soon. I'm awfully glad to hear that should resolve this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events