It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Find pages without ANY labels (Confluence Cloud)

Is it possible to format a search (of any type) to return only pages that have no labels associated with them?

2 answers

You can enter the following snippet into the Confluence Search Box and then narrow down by using the filters on the right of the page:

type:page NOT labelText:[a TO z] 

At the time of this comment, you could only get an accurate search if you chose to 'Switch to the old experience' in the lower right corner of the page.

Capture.PNG

A ticket has been opened with Atlassian to make this available in the newer experience.

0 votes

Hi Jeremy, 

It's not possible to do this in Confluence Cloud, but we do have a feature request for this:

Please vote and comment on that with your usage case.

For Server, it is possible through the use of the add-on Reporting for Confluence. The exact method of obtaining the list is available from their documentation.

I understand this is not what you were hoping for, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon,

Actually, pointing me to that feature request did help me to do what I was trying to do. I was not familiar with the correct search syntax (which was thoughtfully included in the request entry) that could be used to return results without labels. While the feature noted in the request would be nice (and I did vote and comment on it), you've enabled me to get past the immediate need.

Thank you!

Regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Happy to hear it was just the search term and you got it sorted out.

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

276 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you