Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find history of moved page

richardofrugeley July 21, 2022

I wanted to view the change history for a page that's in development so I can populate a personal work progress log. The page consists of a tabulated list of recommendations. I'd like to be able to view each version to evaluate how many recommendations had been made.

The page history only goes back a few days to the time when I renamed and moved it under a different parent. Is it possible to recover the page history before that event?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2022

Hi @richardofrugeley

as moved pages keep their full page history even when moved across spaces, the cause why you can't access the earlier page history should be something like

• someone deleted the old versions manually
  • there's a script that periodically deletes old versions 
  • you didn't move the original page, but renamed a copy of it

If it was the latter, you may find the original page to view the page history.

Hope that helps!

Nicolai

richardofrugeley August 9, 2022

Thanks for your reply @Nicolai Sibler 

In future I would consider copying and maintaining the original until the new page is complete.

0 votes
AAMIR ANSARI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2022

Hello,

Unfortunately, the page move history is not recorded. I have found the below feature request that is marked "Not being considered"

Thanks,

Aamir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events