Find Drafts from all Users

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2014

We recently ran into a problem in which an employee left our company and we lost some documentation for a team. Our confluence instance is tied to AD, so his account was deactivated. I ended up going through the AD team to reactivate his account, reset his password, then log in as him in order to see his drafts (which in turned allowed us to save some other content he had started but not saved). Is there no way for a Confluence administrator to view drafts for a specific user? That feature would be incredibly helpful.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2014

Hi Mark,

I couldn't find this possibility in Confluence embedeed functionalities, so I've created this feature request for you here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35921

I recommend to vote and also comment in that request ticket to increase popularity.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

2 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2014

Hey Mark,

Besides Rodrigo's feature you can also use the following method to get ownership over the drafts:

1. Take a backup of your database for safety measures.
  2. First Shutdown Confluence.
  3. The run the query -  "SELECT * FROM user_mapping where username = 'target User'"
  4. Take note of the target user_key.
  5. Then run the query - "SELECT * FROM user_mapping where username = 'my user'"
  6. Now take note of your user_key.
  7. After that run the final query:
update CONTENT SET CREATOR = 'your user key'
where CREATOR = 'target user key'
and CONTENTTYPE = 'DRAFT';

After you do that, all the drafts of the target user will be moved under your user at Profile Picture > Drafts, with that you will be able to resume any edits of that user since they will now belong to your user.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2014

That's great there's a backend way to do this, but that requires additional individuals with whom I already struggle to get their time. Plus, as the main admin and content creator, I have a lot of drafts already in my profile (is there a way to delete all drafts for a user through the UI rather than deleting one at a time?). I'm surprised this feature hasn't come up before.

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2014

I'm afraid not my friend :(., to delete the drafts we would also require database manipulation, if you want to know how let me know so I can build the other query.

0 votes
robert_egan_305 December 17, 2020

[comment deleted by author]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events