Find Confluence version from the installation directory

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

There are several Confluence installation folders on my machine. I know that 5.8.5 is running. How can I guess which folder it is?

In other words, is there any file in the installation directory which tells me which version of Confluence that is?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2015

Hi Adrien,

Simply go to your Confluence Administrator Menu and search for the System Information menu Item on the left.

Once that page is located you see the home folder and the installation folder of the currently running Confluence instance (search for Confluence Home and catalina.home )

Cheers,

Peter

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2015

I have to admit this is a correct answer. Even though I hoped you'd tell me something like "cat conf/confluence-version.properties" would return 5.8.5 ;)

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2015

There's build number in confluence.cfg.xml -- https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/MAh2Fg

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2015

Great! Thanks!

4 votes
Shiv Sharma September 24, 2019

In the Confluence folder (e.g. /opt/atlassian/confluence) README.txt has version info. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atlassian Confluence 6.13.1 - Standalone README
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v107 November 10, 2020

Thanks. This is what I was looking for. Now I can retrieve the current version using PowerShell. 

$altVersion = ""
$altVersion = @( Select-String -path "\\[server]\C$\Program Files\Atlassian\confluence\README.txt" -pattern "README" -allmatches –simplematch | Select-Object line )
$altVersion[0].Line.Replace('README','')

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events