Filtering Tables in Confluence

Ron Jacob February 7, 2018

Is there anyway I can filter spreadsheets/table and create pivot tables in Confluence ?

3 answers

4 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

As this question mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

Our new macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

4 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Hello Ron,

There is Table Filter macro and Pivot Table macro in Table Filter and Charts add-on.

Will Hall July 25, 2019

Did some recent cloud version lose this ability to filter tables? I recall being able to do this previously. Or has this always required a macro?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2019

There was never built-in filtration feature. Most likely you used Table Filter macro previously.

Like Will Hall likes this
Ira Glovak November 27, 2019

I cannot find Table Filter among the macros list. Is this something to do with the version I use?  

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2019

Hi Ira,

Table Filter macro is a part of the Table Filter and Charts add-on, it should be installed by your Confluence admin to be available among macros list.

0 votes
Sébastien NOEL November 11, 2021

Since 2019... since Confluence has evolved, is this feature not embedded without any add on ?

Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2021

Hi @Sébastien NOEL ,

I'm afraid that you are right - at the moment it is not possible to filter, aggregate and calculate tabular data in Confluence out-of-the-box.

So, again we can suggest trying our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence (it is available for Cloud/Server/Data Center).

Maybe you'll be interested in a live demo from our team - please book a suitable time slot here.

Like # people like this
Dorthe Knight January 19, 2022

Edit the page and click into the table then select the filter icon filter.PNG from the table options in the menu.

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2022

To filter tables in Confluence, you need additional apps. Please, specify which add-on you recommend.

For example, we suggest using our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence and its Table Filter macro (see the answer above).

Like # people like this
Sébastien NOEL January 19, 2022

Hello @Dorthe Knight 

Please be more explicit... Below in my Confluence, the table menu surrounded by red box has not a Filter icon. On which version are you running Confluence ?

I also find no way to contact you privately.

wiki-Tables.png

Dorthe Knight January 19, 2022

It is linked to the filter macro in the macro menu. So if you don't have that then you won't have the icon either I presume. 

So for that use case you likely need to check the settings with your administrator.

Like Sébastien NOEL likes this
David Allan Neuhaus January 26, 2022

@Sébastien NOEL , how did you get that menu (boxed in red) to appear. I had it at my last job, but It does not appear on my current version of confluence.
 image.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2022

Hi @David Allan Neuhaus , 

This menu comes with our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. If you don't see the panel, it means that the add-on is not installed by your Confluence administrator.

You may also try to find our macros through the macrobrowser - Table Filter, Pivot Table, for example. If the app is active, they should be present there as well.

David Allan Neuhaus January 28, 2022

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ Thanks for the info. I am an admin for my confluence account and did add this service from the Atlassian Marketplace. I am able to filter on tables and use the tool to great efficacy. However, the additional tool bar is still missing and I see nothing in the Application settings except a get started section that walks users through the functionality:
image.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2022

You have Confluence Cloud, the additional toolbar appears only for Server and Data Center.

Like # people like this

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ oh that makes me a sad panda. I loved the convenience of that bar. 
sad panda 
Really I just love the convenience of this Tables App. Are there any other settings or configurations that I might be missing? Still getting used to navigating the Atlassian landscape as an Admin. Thanks and looking forward to the Stiltsoft Tables course when that is finished

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2022

The new Cloud editor is based on iFrames - you won't be able to wrap our macros directly into each other (for example, if you need to build a chart using the filtered table). So, you'll need the Table Toolbox macro to nest macros - this macro is provided especially for Cloud users.

But all the main features are the same.

Like # people like this

Thank you and everyone else.

David Allan Neuhaus February 1, 2022

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_  I am having an issue with freezing the top row when editing the table macro. The row freezes fine, but makes the whole table a smaller frame in the main page where I created the table (ie the table now has a scrollbar as well as the main page). Basically it forces me to select a table height. Forcing a massive table height effectively unfreezes the top row. Is there a way to get the top row frozen without forcing a table height? 

Also, I am not sure where to ask this or other questions.  This and any further questions I have are no longer appropriate for this thread.

Like Sébastien NOEL likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2022

I'm afraid this is not an issue but expected behavior for Confluence Cloud.

Maybe pagination will suit your case more.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events