Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter on second row of table

Greg Castaldi May 9, 2022

My table currently only filters the columns by the second row. I actually want this to be the case but currently have no idea how I managed to get it to do this. Could someone help me understand the method to make this happen again? Thanks!

MORE INFO: It's a table in a Table Filter Macro. The settings are only applied to freeze the first two rows and first two columns. Thought this might be the reason why but I tried repeating it and it won't do it. I believe it has something to do with the way I structured the literal table. 

TableConfusion.png

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2022

Hi @Greg Castaldi welcome to the Atlassian community.

Thank you for your post and I will watch this space for more responses.

The native Confluence don't have this option as I could never find such filter option nor succeed.

For your query, I found these marketplace plugins that caters to the filter option and you might cross check if you had earlier used one of these.

Greg Castaldi May 10, 2022

I'm a little confused here though. What I'm saying in my post is that my table in Confluence currently does this. So it must be possible, otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it right now...

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2022

Hi @Greg Castaldi ,

You are using our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

You may check the possibilities of the Table Filter macro and other macros provided by the add-on in our documentation or book a live demo session with our team.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2022

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} happy to know about your plugin feature.

Greg Castaldi May 10, 2022

@Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} Yes, you're right, that is the macro I'm using. I'm still a bit confused though. That doesn't really answer my question. Do you know how to actually force it to apply filters at the second row over the first? 

This ability also enables another cool feature. If I've frozen the top two rows, it also keeps them frozen even when I use the search function in the table. Otherwise it may remove the top row (even though it says it should be frozen).

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2022

The filters apply automatically to your headers (I mean real headers made by Confluence and not the simple colored rows).

As I see from your screenshot, you have merged headers - it seems to me that your table was created in the old Cloud editor. For the new editor you won't be able to get merged headers as far as I know.

Maybe this may be the issue - check the two pages you have and see if they are both made in the old editor and the header rows are created correctly.

For further questions, please contact our support - unfortunately, I'm out of the office for this week.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events