Filter Results’ Macro does not work for custom fields

Mike V January 4, 2021

Issue

- the Filter Results’ Macro cannot show custom fields

To reproduce

1. Create a Jira filter which contains both standard and custom fields

2. In Confluence select and add the Filter Results Gadget URL macro

On the macro

3. Set saved filter to that created in (1)

4. Set width to auto, number of results to 50 and refresh to 15 mins

5. In fields to display select and add some standard fields 

6. Click Save

7. The preview will display results (good)

8. Now add a customer field to the Fields to Display

9. Click Save

Bug

1. The preview does not display any results

Expected Result

1. The preview should display results when custom fields are selected to be displayed

Question

1. How do I show custom fields via the Filter Results macro?

5 answers

1 vote
Tracy B May 20, 2021

I am seeing this exact same problem. Choosing system-provided fields works fine, but if I add a custom field, the macro will not save. Ridiculous.

1 vote
Ryan Geddings April 12, 2021

@Angélica Luz I'm seeing the same issue with failure to add a custom field to this gadget, I did not see any console errors posted but I did find this information in the network processing details.

Screenshot 2021-04-12 160207.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hello @Ryan Geddings,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I checked the network tab while adding the fields to the gadget, but it didn’t show the same as your screenshot. 

Are you facing the same issue as the bug below or is it a different behavior?

Screen Recording 2021-04-13 at 10.03.20 AM.gif

Kind regards,
Angélica

Ryan Geddings April 13, 2021

Angélica,

No, my issue is specific to the request above. It only occurs when trying to add a custom field. On a side note, in the video you posted above, the actual behavior I am seeing when adding a field and selecting the save button, does not match the behavior your video shows. 

• Correct Behavior
    • When you add a base field to the widget and select the internal save button on the widget settings, a loading bar appears and then the widget reappears, allowing you to select the external save button on the widget control.
  • Incorrect behavior (What I'm seeing and what your video appears to show)
    • When you add a custom field to the widget and select the internal save button on the widget settings, there is no change, sometimes a console or network error will appear but it is inconsisten. The only consistent behavior is that the loading bar doesn't appear and when you to select the external save button on the widget control, no changes are populated to the widget.
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

Thank you for the details, @Ryan Geddings.

What is the type of custom field you are adding to the macro?

There is a bug related to the Text field and Select list:

If it’s not related to the bug above, please let us know the type of fields you are using so we can test using the same type here.

Ryan Geddings April 14, 2021

The field we are using is a Select List (single choice) field. I have indicated on the bug ticket that my company is affected by this bug.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Tom April 29, 2021

@Angélica Luz 

same problem with multi select fields. We added a custom field "Deployment Dependencies" working exactly the same way as fix/affectsVersion choosing multiple release version.

Custom multi select field not shown in settings nor preview of JIRA Result Filter.gif

Like Nawat Wanachaweng likes this
Tom April 29, 2021

JavaScript log:

batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:34 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [value=Deployment Dependencies\[Version Picker \(multiple versions\)\]]
at Function.d.error (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:34)
at Function.d.filter (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:34)
at d (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:34)
at d (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:34)
at Function.d.matches (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:34)
at Function.filter (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:34)
at init.M.fn.<computed> [as children] (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:34)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:4295)
at HTMLDocument.dispatch (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:28)
at HTMLDocument.s (batch.js?feature-jira-classic-jquery-vuln-217984=true&locale=en-US:28)
Nawat Wanachaweng September 2, 2021

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same issues as @Tom with a select list multiple choice custom field. Sometimes, trying to add the field will successfully add the field in question into the list but after saving, it will not show up anyway.

Regards,

Nawat

0 votes
Emile Gawenda August 2, 2021

Any update? 

0 votes
Mike V January 25, 2021

Hi Angelica ... 

Thanks for following up; in response to your comments

- this issue happens with any custom fields

-  it is not the same issue as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71298 which talks about an intermittent issue'; my issue happens every time I select a custom field

- its not the same as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-70878; I can see all fields to be added (including custom fields) and I can add the custom fields. 

My issue is once the custom field/s are added and I click the Save button under the Refresh Interval nothing happens - I don't see a preview

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2021

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the details.

I was able to replicate this behavior by selecting some random fields. I couldn't save and some errors appear on the console.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.41.13.png

Can you please let the developer tools opened on your browser and then follow the steps again to check if some error will appear after you click on Save? Please, share a screenshot of the errors or warnings with us. Just make sure to hide private information.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2021

Hello Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know if it happens with any custom fields (that are not system fields) or if it's with specific fields from specific types.

I'm asking because I found two bugs related to the Filter result macro, so I want to make sure if it's related to the ones below or if maybe it's a new one:

Please, take your time to read the details of the bug tickets above and let us know if it's related.

If it's not, please, share with us the details I asked for at the beginning of this answer. 

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events