Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Next challenges

Recent achievements

  • Global
  • Personal

Recognition

  • Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

  • Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filter I created does not appear for other users viewing the page.

I have created a filter for 3 fileds. But when others open the page they only find one filter option and other fields are not displayed.

2 answers

Hi @Shyam Ganesh kandasamy ,

Do you use the Table Filter macro provided by the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app to filter your tables?

If that is the case, please make sure that you've successfully saved the changes after the creation of all the filters. When you don't save the changes, the filters are not shown for other users and disappear automatically after the refreshing of the page.

If the issue still remains, please raise a support ticket (attach the screenshots and the Page Storage Format: Upper right corner of the page -> ... -> View Storage Format).

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ ,

I am not using any additional addon as it is now allowed in my organisation. I am just using the Table filter macro. So, is there a way to solve this within the given conditions?

 

Thanks.

But there is no native built-in filtering in Confluence, and your Table Filter macro is not on the standard macro list.

As I've mentioned before, the Table Filter macro is a part of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Maybe there is any mistake in the macro name? Or maybe you use JQL filters inside your Jira Issues macro or something?

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ ,

I am sure that the name of the macro is "Table filter". I am also attaching a screenshot.

And yes, I have used a  JQL query inside the macro.

Capture.PNG

So you are using the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app - the Table Filter, Pivot Table and Chart from Table are its macros.

I suggest creating a support request so that we can investigate your issue safely and not in public. 

Attach the screenshots and the Page Storage Format to the ticket: Upper right corner of the page -> ... -> View Storage Format.

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_  Thanks a lot for your support. :) i have created a support request.

@Shyam Ganesh kandasamy , I've also got an idea that your problem may be in different languages for your users.

Jira Issues macro can translate several columns from English to something else.

The workaround may be to wrap your Jira Issues macro in the Table Transformer macro and use the following custom SQL query for your columns:

SELECT COALESCE(T1.'Key', T1.'Key in another language') AS 'Key',
COALESCE(T1.'Status', T1.'Status in another language') AS 'Status',
COALESCE(T1.'Summary', T1.'Summary in another language') AS 'Summary',
COALESCE(T1.'Another column', T1.'Another column in another language') AS 'Another column' FROM T1

So with the help of the Table Transformer macro your Jira Issues table columns will be always in English and your filters and pivots won't break.

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_Thanks. I have tried this macro, but only very few columns get displayed, eventhough they are in the Jira filter macro.

 

BR,
Shyam.

You need to list all the columns you want to display in the SQL query.

You'll need to create the following nesting: Jira Issues macro (here you choose what columns you want to show) <- Table Transformer macro (here you list all the columns from the Jira Issues macro and translate them into English with the help of the custom SQL query) <- Table Filter macro (here you set user-friendly filters for the columns that will be only in English language).

And I've also checked with the support team - it seems that they didn't receive your issue yet.

I just reset the browser language to German and then set the filters again. And it is working now. 

The problem was because the other users were using German as their browser language and I was using in German. And some how only few column headers are translated and not all.

 

Thanks,

Shyam.

Yes, it is known behavior of the Jira Issues macro - not every column header is influenced by language settings. The Table Transformer macro is a workaround for companies with multiple languages.

0 votes
Davin Studer Community Leader Dec 15, 2020

@Shyam Ganesh kandasamy What app are you using to create filters?

Hi @Davin Studer ,

I am using the builtin Table filter macro to create the filter.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

177 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you