Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field that creates structured set of pages

Patrick Smalley November 8, 2017

Hello, I am looking to set up a structured documentation space for our team in Confluence. We would like to have this space run by a form that requests several basic pieces of information (Customer Name, Customer acronym), and with that, it would create a set of child pages, all named with the variables provided, and linked in a predictable way, ready to fill in.

In other words, the form would create a skeleton for the customer's documentation so whoever is doing this now has a set of pages to go through (all linked to each other) whereby they can fill in each separate page with the information relevant to that page. (Customer contacts, contracts, projects, applications, etc).

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Smalley November 13, 2017

Turns out PageTreeCreator is exactly what I was needing. I was able to create the structures that I needed and copy them with variables.

Link for those needing the same thing:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/eps.focuspro.PageTreeCreator/server/overview

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

A space blueprint provides a wizard that can be programmed to collect information and then create a space with pages in it. This would involve a lot of programming and the required APIs are not always very well documented. It is (to my knowledge) easier if the set of pages is always the same and the information from the wizard is simply replacing "markers" in the new space (such as the name of the space, list of stakeholders, customer info, etc.).

The copy tree action provided by Confluence supports replacing information in the page titles. I assume that this does not fit your needs?

An alternative approach would be to use a third party product that allows to configure the space creation process. Examples to support users to create spaces may be the following:

I have no experience with these products! I only would like to recommend to have a look at them. At our company we still create a new add-ons with one or more space blueprints when we have a new documentation need.

Patrick Smalley November 9, 2017

Thanks for the response. After asking my question I located PageTreeCreator and that seems to do what I need however I am still learning about its capabilities. 

I will definitely use your suggestion should what I found not work out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events