Favorites missing after Confluence XML restore?

We had a Confluence instance of 5.4.4 which we upgraded to 5.6.6 and after upgrade, we went for an XML backup restore. But, it seems that after the restore, all the Favorites (Space and Pages) are missing.

I checked the database and it seems that the favorite label is tagged correctly but in the UI, it is a different story whatsoever.

What do I do to get all the favorites back in my Confluence instance?

2 answers

Hello Arya, first thing we can do is to run a reindex from scratch to see if this is not a matter of application indexes.  You can follow the steps listed in this article, also outlined below

1. Shut down your Confluence server.
2. If these folders exist, make a backup of them, as their contents cannot be rebuilt:
a. {{<confluence-home>/index/plugin}} 
b.  {{<confluence-home>/index/edge}}
3. Remove the {{<confluence-home>/index}} directory.
4. If you made a backup of the folders in Step 2, create {{<confluence-home>/index}}, and copy the backups in to it.
5. Restart Confluence.
6. If restarting Confluence doesn't trigger the re-index task (troubleshooting issue in the same Confluence version), perform manual index rebuilding as described in Content Index Administration.

Later on we can check for the info present in the DB using this query: ## SQL ## SELECT s.spacename, um.username FROM spaces s INNER JOIN content_label cl ON s.spacedescid = cl.contentid INNER JOIN user_mapping um ON cl.owner = um.user_key INNER JOIN label l ON cl.labelid = l.labelid AND l.name = 'favourite'; ########

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

356 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you