Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorites missing after Confluence XML restore?

Arya Banerjee April 11, 2015

We had a Confluence instance of 5.4.4 which we upgraded to 5.6.6 and after upgrade, we went for an XML backup restore. But, it seems that after the restore, all the Favorites (Space and Pages) are missing.

I checked the database and it seems that the favorite label is tagged correctly but in the UI, it is a different story whatsoever.

What do I do to get all the favorites back in my Confluence instance?

2 answers

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2015

Hello Arya, first thing we can do is to run a reindex from scratch to see if this is not a matter of application indexes.  You can follow the steps listed in this article, also outlined below

1. Shut down your Confluence server.
2. If these folders exist, make a backup of them, as their contents cannot be rebuilt:
a. {{<confluence-home>/index/plugin}} 
b.  {{<confluence-home>/index/edge}}
3. Remove the {{<confluence-home>/index}} directory.
4. If you made a backup of the folders in Step 2, create {{<confluence-home>/index}}, and copy the backups in to it.
5. Restart Confluence.
6. If restarting Confluence doesn't trigger the re-index task (troubleshooting issue in the same Confluence version), perform manual index rebuilding as described in Content Index Administration.

Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2015

Later on we can check for the info present in the DB using this query: ## SQL ## SELECT s.spacename, um.username FROM spaces s INNER JOIN content_label cl ON s.spacedescid = cl.contentid INNER JOIN user_mapping um ON cl.owner = um.user_key INNER JOIN label l ON cl.labelid = l.labelid AND l.name = 'favourite'; ########

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events