Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Create a Confluence page, from outside of confluence?

Larry Jennings October 23, 2020

Hi Everyone!

For Confluence Cloud, is there a quick way to bookmark the "Create page" or a chrome extension so that when I want to create a new page, I can just create it from my browser and not have to navigate to exactly where I want the page (I can do that after)

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2020

Hi @Larry Jennings, yes. You can bookmark the "Create page" using the following URL format:

https://<your_cloud_site>.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=<space_key>&title=<page_title>&linkCreation=true&fromPageId=<page_id>

You should change the strings in the URL above, between "<" and ">", with your information.

I couldn't find the corresponding Cloud documentation to Confluence URL list available to Server and Data Center only, but I found the above URL through the Insert links and anchors under Create an undefined placeholder page link. Therefore, you can use the URL as a placeholder for creating a new page.

I've tested and, as long as you have "create permissions" in the space, you will be able to create the page. 

I hope that helps.
IL.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events