Failed to read 23 attachment(s). Confluence Server to Cloud Migration

Brian LeTourneau September 3, 2020

Plan failed

We couldn't complete your migration. Check the error details for each task and then try running a new plan.

0% - Failed to read 23 attachment(s). Check the Confluence log file for more details.

How do I resolve this?  I'm trying to go from the Confluence server that I have on my PC to Confluence Cloud.  How do I find the 23 attachments?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2020

Hello @Brian LeTourneau !

The error you are facing usually shows up when files are missing from the server itself.

There are two possible ways to fix the situation, before or after migration.

Both solutions are explained here:

Let us hear from you!

bolson003 February 18, 2021

Step 4 states "If you want to use a new file in place of the missing attachment, attach the file." No instructions are given on how to do this. Further, in our case, it appears the attachments claimed as missing are in fact present and being correctly referenced (loaded) into pages.  The only discrepancy is the the filesystem path (that is, the path logged as WARN ("were looking at"). I've touched empty files at these locations and updated the ownership/perms accordingly so the migration wizard will claim them and continue, but the error persists.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events