Failed to Login after Reboot Confluence 5.9.6

BK Lamoreaux
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2018

My server rebooted on Sept 10 and now I can't login. 

Checking the atlassian-confluence.log shows  the following:

recordLoginFailure Failed login attempt for user 'username':

I tried to reset my password in the postgresql db to the 'admin' hash following this documentation 

However, I still receive the same error as before.

When I try to login with a different user that is in the database I get the following:

login login : 'user2' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

This makes me think that confluence isn't using my Database to find the users.

On startup I see

Database URL: jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost:9092//var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/database/h2db
Database Driver Name: org.h2.Driver

This configuration is the same as before Sept 10.

I confirmed that confluence has been using postgresql database by looking at the content dates. The most recent moddate was on Sept 10.

select title, creationdate, lastmoddate from public.content
ORDER BY lastmoddate DESC LIMIT 100

Why can't I login?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BK Lamoreaux
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2018

Figured it out.... I had two instances of confluence running. Apparently the auto startup script was pointing to an older version that does indeed use the h2db database. The key was looking in my home folder and I saw I had a backup script pointing to a confluence2 folder.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events