Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue in Confluence Server Configuration in my windows server 2019

Rajesh KC January 4, 2022

Hello Support Team,

I have successfully installed Confluence server 7.13.3 in my windows server. Once installation complete we are facing problem in Confluence server  configuration.

When I reach http://localhost:8090/ page choosed "standalone" install and then try to configure "Microsoft SQL Server" setup. all the credentials and data base everything is correct but when I check " Test connection" I will get this error message.

"SQLState - 08S01
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS12]". ClientConnectionId:5c2a7785-85c5-4b29-9806-f4b0847ff1ac"

So please anyone help on this issue.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar C

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

I think this message is telling us that your MS-SQL server is configured incorrectly or possibly too old to be used 

I think this is because the Confluence you are running (the "client" in the error message) is trying to use TLS1.2 to connect to the database, but the database is configured to use TLS1.0 (server selected protocol version)

The client preference for TLS12 is set by Confluence because TLS1.0 and TLS1.1 have been compromised and should not be used any more.

Start with a check on the version of MS-SQL server you are using.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2022

Hi all,

There is a related KB on this topic over in Confluence 7.x throws "Can't reach database server or port" error when connecting to Microsoft SQL server.  While there are some workaround steps in that KB that explain how you can enable TLS 1.0 in Confluence, we actually recommend that instead you follow the MS SQL guide over in KB3135244 - TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft SQL Server in order to enable TLS 1.2 on the SQL server instead.  This is far better secure and long term solution to this problem.

Cheers,

Andy

0 votes
Cristian January 7, 2022

Hi. I have the same issue and I am using SQL Server 2019 and I have no problems using it with Jira and other apps (only with Confluence is not working).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events