Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting data from other pages

Sebastián Bello January 8, 2016

Hi all,

is there a way to insert data in a page which comes from another page?

I'm trying to build a simple inventory: a list of pages created from a template which hold a collection of data, lets say from a server (CPU, memory, etc). Then I would like to be able to build a summary page, fed from the data of the other pages, so I can for example have only the CPU information of every server at a glance.

I took a look at the macros but didn't find exactly what I need. Maybe using named excerpts...

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks,

Sebastian-

6 answers

1 vote
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2016

As an alternative you could have a look at the projectdoc Toolbox (which I am an author of - biased alarm! smile).

With projectdoc you can define tables with properties (CPU, RAM, ...) and then run queries and display the result in a table. You may also transclude multiple fragments, even from a result set based on properties of a table.

Maybe this suits your requirements:

Besides the use of properties you need to define content or sections very similar to how the excerpt macro works.

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2016

You've answered your own question - there's an excerpts macro that will do that.

Also, have a look at the include macro, and maybe the multiple excerpts add-on

Sebastián Bello January 8, 2016

Nic,

the excerpts macro won't work because I can have just one per page and I need multiple ones (one for CPU, one for RAM, etc.).

With the include macro I would need to split every page into multple ones: one page for each server/attribute pair; every time I'd need to change an attribute I'd need to select the appropriate page...

Yes, multi excerpts was my best guess, I just wanted to know if there are other alternatives.

Thanks!

Sebastian-

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2016

I've seen a couple that use user-macros and other add-ons, but they're not as nice as multi-excerpts. You've now outlined pretty much the ideal use-case for multi-excerpts!

0 votes
Sebastián Bello January 12, 2016

It worked great Anne, thanks!

0 votes
Sebastián Bello January 11, 2016

Thanks Anne. I'll make some tests.

0 votes
Sebastián Bello January 11, 2016

Thanks Rober!

0 votes
Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2016

If the pages where the data is stored are not created yet (or are not too much) use the page properties and page properties reports macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events