Exposing 3rd party plugins to external users with limited access

Paul Nel May 7, 2023

We have a lot of internal design information in our private confluence spaces.  We want to share some of that to an external service provider as part of a specification for work they need to deliver for us.  These spaces includes 3rd party plugins embedded in our pages like drawio and Swagger Open API 3.0 documentation.

Our approach has been to create a new space to which we can give our external service provider access and use the excerpt macro to pull content across from our private spaces to the external one.

This works like a charm, only problem is we are not able to expose content from the drawio and Swagger API plugins.

We get the following error:

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 10.49.17.png

Is there an easy way to expose content to external users without giving them full access to editing these documents?

1 answer

0 votes
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

Hi @Paul Nel 

I suggest you try External Share for Confluence app which allows you to share Confluence content (+ some 3rd party apps) with unlimited number of external users.

We've been using it to collaborate with partners both for Confluence pages and Jira boards.

Paul Nel May 7, 2023

Thanks @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ I am just not keen to keep on paying for apps that exposes functionality I would have like to see natively in Confluence.  Confluence is turning out to be a bit of a blank cheque...

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

I know what you mean @Paul Nel 

There are some improvements regarding guest access, but it would take time to develop fully. You can contact the app vendors in case they can also provide a workaround. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events