Exporting tables to PDF looks bad

Leead Durban November 30, 2020

I have tried everything... But every time I export the project to PDF the tables do not pass properly as I set them up. I already tried reducing the width of the table, still, the columns come out too small in width and do not keep the sizes I set... It looks very bad.

Please help- how to export the tables properly?

Thanks,

Leead.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Hi Leead,

PDF exports seems having some open Suggestion and Bugs. One that I found is:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66173

Please make sure you vote for it ("this affects my team") as well to watch it ("Start watching this issue") to be informed about the progress.

There are also workarounds listed when you open the link.
Apart from if they work or not - CSS stylesheets putting into space settings is not everyone's cup of tea - so a sustainable fix would be better.

Please vote for the Bug mentioned above in any case - probably somebody here can come up with a solution you can apply meanwhile.

Please also check if you are probably running into this bug:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-30431
A workaround is available - in case this should apply. It can be found when you open the link.

Cheers,
Daniel

Leead Durban December 6, 2020

Hi Daniel,

Seems like my issues is actually a combination of both.

Thanks,

Leead

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

Hi @Leead Durban ,

If you have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance, its Table Transformer macro may help your case.

Wrap your table in the macro and set the required column width using the Wiki Markup:

Mon 2-3.pngHere is an example of your custom SQL query:

SELECT *,
FORMATWIKI("{cell:width=110px}" + 'File'+ "{cell}") AS 'File',
FORMATWIKI("{cell:width=100px}" + 'Status'+ "{cell}") AS 'Status'
FROM T*

Mon 2-1.pngMon 2-2.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS