Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting space and child pages

Naohiro Kumamoto September 26, 2013

Is it possible to export all space and its child pages contents in pdf or excel?

If yes how is it possible. Please explain.

5 answers

1 vote
Naohiro Kumamoto September 29, 2013

yes, i could not see the Browse/Space Admin/Advanced options ..

Deleted user August 22, 2019

I can't see it either. All documentation refers to Space tools, but I'm not seeing that feature anywhere.

Maybe because its now 2019 and this option has been retired. But its a major show stopper not being able to export an entire space in one fell swoop.

Like Colin Smith likes this
0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Aparna,

I'm not sure about that. I would assume that if you are the person driving this, then you should have the highest level of admin permissions. So is anyone else involved in this with you, for example, someone on the technical side?

There wouldn't be much point in Atlassian having a demo version if you couldn't access all the functionality, so I can't see why you shouldn't be able to see everything. Can you contact Atlassian about this directly?

Can you confirm that you can open a space in Confluence but cannot see Browse/Space Admin/Advanced?

Cheers.

0 votes

while registering the ondemand confluence my id was registered as admin..but may be bcos of trial i am not able to see?

i am just looking into all possible options of confluence in the trial period as we plan to implement it

0 votes

Hi Mick thanks for your reply.

But is this the explanation for each space ..i want to export all the spaces?

btw i could not find the Advanced tab..is it because i am using trial version?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Sorry, the Advanced tab is under Browse when you are in a space. If you can't see that, it means you are not set up as an admin for that space.

I've just had a look at what's in the Confluence Admin area and I can't see anything that suggests you can export all spaces to PDF. So I'm not sure if you can do that. What level of admin are you? You might be able to see more items than I can.

Also, do you want to export the content of all of your spaces to one PDF? I don't know how much content you have, but that might be a giant document. :) What do you need it for?

Cheers.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2013

Aparna,

Yes, you can do this.

1. Go into Space Admin/Advanced and look for the Export heading on the left.
  2. Select PDF Export.
  3. Then select either Normal or Custom Export.
  4. Press the Export button!

I think that if you use Custom Export you get the chance to select the pages you want to export, rather than just exporting the entire space.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events