Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting pages into pdf in Korean isn't working.

jungshin lee March 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Installing a Language Pack

Our team is using confluence for our solution documentation. It's mainly written in Korean.

However, when I export the pages into pdf and doc, language is broken.(Some letters are missing or broken)\

Could you tell me how I can fix this problem?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
kimkk June 9, 2016

Rationale

This problem is related to font used in the exported PDF. You can find default font used in PDF file is Helvetica.
Hence, PDF exported from pages containing Korean letter cannot render Korean letters.

fonts_property.png

Solution

With administrator account, click the cog icon upper right are of confluence page and click General configuration.

cog.png

Locate the PDF Export Language Support under Configuration

PDF_export_language_support.png

Then, "Select File" Button and choose any one korean font (ex. "NanumGothic.ttf" ) from the file chooser dialog.

You can use fonts under C:\Windows\fonts if you have proper usage permission on that font
or
free fonts from http://hangeul.naver.com/font or find free Korean fonts http://www.bloter.net/archives/201916

Finally, Click the "Install" button.

And try to export some pages containing Korean letter to PDF file and check it.

Hope you succeed it

Please confirm my comment as answer if you succeed.  smile

BR

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

Hi,

The first solution I would try is to make sure that the font used to create the pdfs support Korean characters. We had a similar issue with Japanese characters not appearing in PDF and it was the font we were using that didn't support it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events