Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting images to HTML

Jennifer S October 11, 2011

When I export a series of pages to HTML and open the file, the text shows up but the images are not on the page where they are in Confluence. They are instructional screenshots and necessary for the end user. Does anyone know how I can get them to show up? I would really appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

3 answers

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2011

Ok, I read your original message a bit more carefully. You seem to suggest that the images are in the HTML location, but not where they were on the Confluence page.

Perhaps you could post the markup around the location where one of these images are located.

Are you using specific alignment? How about sectioning? What are the actual image widths in pixels? Are you constraing the image width or height?

A possible work-around is go export to PDF.

Jennifer S October 12, 2011

Thanks for the response :)

There is no specific alignment or sectioning on the pages we are exporting. The images are the original width and height of the screen shots. The images I have been experimenting with range from 585 px to 907px widths.

With further experimenting, this is what I have found so far:

When I open up the page I am exporting, the images appear as links at the bottom of the text (when I open the exported HTML in a web browser). When I click the links, it says they cannot be found. I have to open each image from their File Folder so they open in Windows Photo Viewer for every image on the page, then refresh the page in Firefox. After these steps, the images appear in their correct locations.

I am trying to find a way to have them appear without all these extra ridiculous steps. Any insight you have would be awesome. Thanks again for the quick response!! :)

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

It seems like Confluence is not exporting the images with the HTML in one package. It may be best for you to use your browser to save the HTML & images to a complete package (in IE, .MHT file, others will save a subdir of the images).

Jennifer S October 14, 2011

I think you're right. I will have to continue experimenting. THANKS!!!

0 votes
Jennifer S October 12, 2011

Yes, in Confluence they are stored as attachments but also displayed on the page..

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2011

Are these images stored as attachments to the Confluence page?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events