Exporting Imported Spaces

Jonathan Hart December 22, 2020

I recently started a few cloud account, created a new space for myself and imported a space from another account. 

When I look at the Space Settings, the 'Export' option is missing from the imported account. When I look at the General Settings 'Export' is enabled for this space.

Since I am the administrator and the only user on the account I am unclear why I am unable to re-export this space. Possibly something to do with the fact I was not the original owner?

I searched the pervious posts about Space permissioning and did not see any reference to this case. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2020

Hello @Jonathan Hart !

As I understand, you have imported a space into your current site and now, it is not possible for you to export it.

This behavior does trigger some questions on my end. Please allow me to ask those questions:

1. Could you take a screenshot of what you see when you access the affected space and click on Space Settings > Content Tools? Make sure that all the tabs under Content tools are present in the screenshot!
  2. Also, could you take a screenshot of the "General Settings" you mentioned? Make sure to catch everything that is displayed there!
  3. Are you able to export spaces that you have created directly in the site in which you are an administrator?
  4. What happens if you create a new space and then try to export it?

Be extra careful not to disclose any sensitive information when you take the screenshot! Our community is an open space and everyone can see everything posted here.

You can check more details on Space import and export here:

Let us hear from you!

Jonathan Hart December 27, 2020

@Diego,

Thanks for chiming in here and apologies for my tardy reply- things got a bit hectic over the holidays. I will answer your queries in-line:

• Could you take a screenshot of what you see when you access the affected space and click on Space Settings > Content Tools? Make sure that all the tabs under Content tools are present in the screenshot!

Capture.PNG

• Also, could you take a screenshot of the "General Settings" you mentioned? Make sure to catch everything that is displayed there!

Capture2.PNG

• Are you able to export spaces that you have created directly in the site in which you are an administrator?

Yes, I am! 'Export' shows up as a tab in 'Content Tools'.

• What happens if you create a new space and then try to export it?

If I create a new space I am able to export it the same as above.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything else.  Thanks again!

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2021

Hello again!
I was able to replicate and workaround this behavior. This is happening because either your user or groups you are part of on the Confluence of origin are not present in the destination Confluence.

Permissions carry over when you export and import an space. So, when the space arrives in your destination Confluence, your user does not have enough permissions to export it.

For you to be able to workaround this, you can either give full access to the space to all your users or start the Standard Plan free trial and then assign the desired permissions.

I have filed this report where I describe the situation:

I hope this helps you, @Jonathan Hart !

Jonathan Hart January 6, 2021

Thanks @Diego!

Since I am just using this space a private backup so the only users present are ones who carried over from the prior space and are showing as (unlicensed). If I give access to all users is this going to grant access to new space to all those users who had access to the old space?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events