Export to PDF doesn't expand Expand Macro?

Michelle Smith November 10, 2021

My understanding from the documentation is that exporting a page to PDF should result in any included Expand macros being printed to the PDF "expanded".  However, I am not seeing this behaviour - the PDF generated by the export has no representation of the Expand macro.

I exported the same page to Word and the content of the expand macro is visible, but I'd far prefer to use the PDF export because the output includes many of the other features ("status", "panels") and therefore looks more readable.

I've had a look to see whether this is a bug, but can't find anything.

I created a basic page containing two expand macros and exported it to both PDF and word.  The images below show the issue - the first image is the PDF...with no visibility of the expand content.  The second image is the Word file, which shows the content of the expand and the expand caption.

PDFExport.jpgWordExport.jpg

Am I missing something?  Or can I report this as a bug (and how do I do that!!!??)

Cheers,

Michelle

2 answers

0 votes
Michelle Smith January 27, 2022

I can't log a bug :(  I'm not a site admin / our corporate agreement is somehow preventing me from logging a bug.  But this is a REAL nuisance.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi @Michelle Smith

To report a Bug, Customers with a commercial support license should raise a support case with Atlassian Support. They will work with you directly to collect the details Development needs and craft a detailed Bug report so it has the best opportunity to be fixed.

Other Customers should ask a question here on the Community site. When the nature of the problem is clear, an Atlassian will either raise a Support request for you or report the Bug at jira.atlassian.com

Michelle Smith November 10, 2021

Thanks for the info :)  I'll leave this for a couple of days and see whether anyone can suggest where I'm going wrong.  I can't believe it is a bug....surely it would already have been reported.  I suspect I have something configured incorrectly somewhere...

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

For me it works well, when I use the UI expand macro. But I'm on Data Center.  

uiexpand.png

You may want to review the export settings here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/customize-exports-to-pdf/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events