Export to PDF - Images Missing

Short_Celeste
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2020

In the process of exporting a Confluence page to a .PDF, we are losing the images and diagrams on the page. Gliphy, .PDF, .PNG, are the three file formats we currently are having issues with. We are using Confluence Cloud, the most updated version. TIA!

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2020

Hi there,

Were you using the native Confluence PDF exporter or a exporter app from a vendor, such as Scroll PDF Exporter?

Potentially, the issue could be related to a known issue where a forward slash character / included in a Confluence page title prevents the images from being exported.

This is an older issue which Atlassian's are tracking here: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CE-735

If this is not the case, do you receive anything in place of the images in the generated export (eg. an empty box)? Also are the images which you are attempting to export attached directly to the page?

Thanks, Thomas (K15t)

Short_Celeste
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2020

Hi Thomas,

We are using Confluence's native exporter. There is not forward slash included in the title of the page. There are no image placeholders (empty boxes) when exporting, only blank space.

James Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 3, 2021

i am having the same issue, was this ever resolved?

Like # people like this
henrulin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 6, 2021

Also having issue. I'm on cloud hosted Confluence using native PDF export. The full diagram does not get exported, diagram was missing text labels.

Like Yannick Hoffmann likes this
Dávid Várszegi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 1, 2021

Same issue here.

Ron Yates January 28, 2022

Is there still no resolution to this?

Daniel Schealler February 17, 2022

Just noticed we have this too.

Ron Yates February 18, 2022

So my issue ended up being that my images were linked via URL (made documentation using Tango).  If I copy and paste the image into the page, it now exports since it has the image itself. Seems like it doesn't download it via URL to put it in the PDF.

FMS
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 27, 2022

same issue no images on exported spaces

Yannick Hoffmann September 1, 2022

Please fix this. We have the same issue

Ron Yates September 1, 2022

Hi Yannick - are your pictures inserted via URL, or are the pictures themselves uploaded to atlassian?

Yannick Hoffmann September 1, 2022

Screenshot from 2022-09-01 17-11-06.png Trying to upload it on confluence as a title picture

Fedor de Veth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 8, 2023

Same issue, no images on export pdf. Please fix it; this bug has always been there!

douglapsley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 8, 2024

Same issue here.  Using Confluence for documentation and I regularly need to send PDF versions to clients, but the images don't display in the generated PDFs, which means that I cannot do that.  I just get the spinner on a grey background.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events