Export pdf

Rahul November 22, 2022

I am facing issue while exporting a page from confluence. I am getting an error stating that "Your session has expired. You may need to resubmit the form or reload the page"

Export to word is working fine

10 answers

2 votes
Scott Jablow
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2022

We're also having the same issue on our cloud service.

1 vote
Bart Vermeir November 23, 2022

I had the same problem and created a ticket at Atlassian Support. This resulted in this public issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-74930

Hood Hunter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 23, 2022

Can you confirm whether it fixed or not?  I see their support marked as resolved but I cannot view the detail.

Bart Vermeir November 24, 2022

This issue is not resolved (for me). CONFCLOUD-74930 is marked as 

• Resolution:Unresolved

In the issue links you can see the following:
    is resolved by
        HOT-101302 

But this is an internal link - we cannot see the contents of hotfix HOT-101302.

1 vote
Kane McConnell November 22, 2022

As a workaround, while viewing the page you wish to export, select the More Actions menu (triple dots) > Advanced details > View Source.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 180752.png

The page will open without the surrounding Confluence navigation panes and menus. You can use the browser's print function (Ctrl+P) to print to PDF.

If you use background coloring in your page, you may wish to tick the option to print background colors and/or headers.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 181006.png

Sergio Flores
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 25, 2022

Excellent workaround, thank you!

I did have a problem displaying some tables, but overall worked for me.

Like Kane McConnell likes this
1 vote
Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2022

Hi,

this also affects my cloud instance, so it seems to be a general issue. 

I reported at Atlassian Support and will try to post updates as atlassian reponds.

Regards,

Harald

Thanks, Harald. We are free users for the moment, so we don't have access to support. Hopefully, a fix is forthcoming.

Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2022

I got feedback: "unable to reproduce, please clear browser cache and try again". So I did. And the error still occurs. 

Yep, we tried the same. Sort of a lame response from Atlassian when multiple users and tenants report the same issue.

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Only some of our users are experiencing this issue. I am not, but I am an admin. 

That really doesn't help. It just makes it harder to find and fix. 

I don't see any new permission controls or anything that would have suddenly affected this. 

0 votes
Jörn Bungartz November 30, 2022

We have the same issue for one of our users - all others can export just fine. Also one of our customers have the same problem for one user in their tenant. 

I just opened a support request ticket with Atlassian. Will update here once I receive a reply.

Jörn Bungartz November 30, 2022

The ticket mentioned by @Bart Vermeir above now contains a work-around that worked for us:

1. As an impacted user, go to https://<Confluence-name-placeholder>.atlassian.net/wiki/welcome (<Confluence-name-placeholder> should be the site name), which should trigger a "welcome" prompt or simply refresh the page.
  2. Go back to the page(s) that you are looking to export and refresh (refresh button on the browser or /CMD/CRTL+R).
  3. Tap the ellipsis button at the top-right > Export > Export to PDF to export it again.
Like # people like this
Bart Vermeir November 30, 2022

I can confirm this workaround is successful. Thanks!

0 votes
Thomas Snijder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 24, 2022

Same issue here

0 votes
Jerry Eisener November 22, 2022

@Harald Seyr is there a ticket number that we can see and perhaps comment on? 

Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2022

I got a request id JST-821443

However, I suspect this is not open to public.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

@Rahul @Kane McConnell you should raise a request to Atlassian Support.

This thing affect more that one instance and should be reported.

Casper Lumby November 22, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ . We are also experiencing this. When I try and raise the issue, I only have the options of "Explore Community" or "View Documentation". There are no options for creating a ticket, as far as I can tell.

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2022

Only paid plans are eligible to raise a request on support. Free plans get the help of community - where applicable.

Casper Lumby November 22, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ . Thanks. I just checked with an admin at my workplace and we are paying for Confluence. Is there any other reason why I might not be able to raise a support request?

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2022

@Casper Lumby no I can't think of one. You should be able to raise a request.

Like Casper Lumby likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2022

There was an incident for yesterday https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/incidents/jwwx5y03pqdg which hopefully has been resolved by now. Can you please confirm that now it's ok? @Rahul @Casper Lumby @Kane McConnell @Harald Seyr @Scott Jablow 

Harald Seyr
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2022

I can confirm that the error still occurs for single page export.

Only after workaround I can report it to be fixed in two of my instances;

• Export single page => no worky
  • Export same page from space settings (I have no idea if this requires some space admin rights) => worky
  • Export single page => suddenly works 

In my third instance, I do not apply the workaround and the error still occurs.

Casper Lumby November 23, 2022

I am also still experiencing the error. Thanks for working on this, though!

Kane McConnell November 23, 2022

Also still seeing the same issue for Export to PDF.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 151740.png

Rahul November 23, 2022

Yes same issue here

Jerrilyn Jones
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 29, 2022

Same here.

Tried deleting cookies, closing/opening browser, reloading page, etc. and none have worked.

0 votes
Rahul November 22, 2022

Don't forget to post here if u get any resolution 

0 votes

We are also having the same issue with our tenant. On multiple devices, we've tried logging out and using incognito browsers. This seems to be a broader issue than just for ourselves.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events