Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export parent page with child page in 1 step

Susann Gerke January 29, 2020

I have a parent page with several child page (that also have child pages).

Now I would like to export ALL pages to Word/PDF in one step and not going on each page and export them single by single.

Is that possible? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks.

3 answers

4 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Susann Gerke 

Yes that is possible. 

1. Go to Space Settings (if you don't see Space Settings you will need to ask an administrator). 

Space Settings.png
  2. Content Tools
  3. Export
  4. Set Export Format to PDF and click Next. 
  5. Select Custom Format (Generates a PDF file of selected pages based on options that you choose from below) and click the Export button. 
  6. Deselect All
  7. Find the parent page with child pages and check them.
  8. Click Export and the process will start. 

PDF will contain the parent and children pages. 

Mike

Ujjwal Shrestha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2024

Hi @Mike Bowen 

I cannot find Content Tools under the Space Setting.

0 votes
mark3smith May 5, 2023

Our confluence page only has HTML and XML as options for export.  No PDF.  Are we missing a plug-in?

0 votes
Andreas Schmidt December 4, 2020

Hi Mike,  I know I'm a bit late to comment on this thread. I know the PDF output is the only one currently for specifying page and page structure for a "batch" export. However, as Susann wrote, it might be worth considering a Word output? One in which the user can specify the pagination behavior to say: "lets paginate so that the Word output contians a heading structure mirroring that of the page structure in Confluence's when selecting the navigation pane". 

If one were to simply map heading styles in the the Confluence pages to Word outputs this would actually have a negative impact. The intended structures in a page would spill over to any page hierarchy structures shown in Confluence's navigation. The result being a Word output with  both heading structures contaminating each other.

Just a few thoughts. It's use case that may become more and more common for customers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events