Export pages/space to HTML - inter page links are created in two different ways

We are using Confluence 4.2.12 and I make regular use of the "HTML Export" option to export a specific space into HTML format for re-publishing to clients. This works well. However, I am increasingly coming across a problem with the way in which links between pages are created in the exported HTML files.

For the majority of the exported pages, when one page references another, the link is created correctly as follows:

<a href="test%2page.html">test page2</a> - this then renders as test+page.html in the browser and will call the local copy of the required page. This is fine.

However, sometimes, the link is created as follows with the fully qualified domain name:

<a href="https://confluence.domain.com/display/SPACE-NAME/test+page2">test page2</a>

Obviously this breaks the links in our publised doc system as the link points to the public addres for the Confluence system

I cannot understand why the links are created differently in the export because within Confluence itself I am creating the links in eactly the same way - using the "Links" button in the editor and then searching for the page.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 answer

Actually, I have just, rather embarrassingly, realised why this is: if the referenced page is not exported with the source page, then the link will be created using the fully qualified domain name. Question answered!!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

297 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you