Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export images in Diagramly diagrams to PDF

Heather Dull February 26, 2014

I want to be able to export diagrams on a confluence page to PDF. These diagrams were built using Diagramly and include embedded images.

Right now the images don't export.

4 answers

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

As a workaround while we look into solutions, you can now drag and drop images from your filesystem into the diagram and they will export to both image and PDF format correctly. So if you save your image and re-insert it into the diagram this way, you'll get your PDF on export.

You do version 3.0.0 for this.

Heather Dull April 2, 2014

Thanks for this tip but this isn't a good work around for us. We want to be able use the same images in multiple places and only have to update one image source. The method you suggest would require us to update every image in every instance that we use it.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014
0 votes
Will March 28, 2014

Ok, thanks. Can you post again here when you have a fix?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2014

Certainly can.

0 votes
Will March 27, 2014

I work with Heather (above). The issue seems to be before the pdf export. It is actually when the Diagram is saved. If we edit the diagram, click save, click exit, then look at the attachments on the page, we see the png that Diagramly creates. Though, we can see the image in the diagram when viewing the page or editing the diagram, it is not present in the created png, and thus doesn't export.

I tried an image from our test server (we are self hosted), and it does work. Very strange! Here are screenshots:

EDIT:

PAGE + ATTACHMENTS:

CREATED PNG:

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014

The problem is the viewing permissions of image export code running of your server differ from those of your browser logged in my your user. We're looking into a workaround for this.

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

Hi Heather,

We do have a bug report opened for it as you can see below:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25334

I raised a bug report for that [CONF-25335|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25335].

I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity and add it to your watchlist for future updates.
Cheers,
WZ

Heather Dull February 26, 2014

So am I understanding you to say that this is a known issue with no plans to resolve it?

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014

Please submit this to us direct at jgraph.freshdesk.comas a ticket so we can look in more detail (note that without the diagramly tag, now added, we don't get notification of questions here).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events