Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export confluence docs as static web

Carolina SILVA June 4, 2021

hello,

we are using Confluence cloud for technical doc and we need this massive documentation to be exported in an HTML format that can be used and hosted in one of our servers for example. The goal is to be able to fully manage our documentation from creation to distribution.

The add-on previously recommended is archived.

I'm sure many other companies need this. 

Any help ? 

PS:

related to 2011 conversation

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Export-confluence-docs-as-static-web-based-help/qaq-p/440111

3 answers

0 votes
Conrado Maggi March 15, 2022

Exporting your confluence as HTML is a bit tricky. You can use the API to download the content.

The problem is that the response is not a properly formatted HTML code. You need to fix the CSS issues, internal links need to be edited and download the attachments using Another API

We built DeskBase to fix exactly this issue. You can create a website from your confluence content and publish live under your own domain. Updates automatically with the new content, so turn confluence into a CMS

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA

You could check out my team's app Scroll Viewport. With it, you could create and customize an online help center from your Confluence content.

While the tool doesn't let you download HTML exports-the content lives on our AWS instance-you can set up a custom domain, which would give users the feeling that they're interacting with you in the same place as your other properties.

thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_ for your reply, but I really want to generate my Confluence files into an HTML file (I would say) to store it on one of our server. We need to keep all our documents internally. So this add seems not fitting our needs ;-( We are blocked after migrating all our doc on Confluence. Big waste of time :-(

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA 

This article describes how to export a space as HTML, hopefully it is useful.

Thanks,

Liam

Hello @Liam Green thanks for your reply. So my question is what do I do after exporting? I already did it and downloaded all my pages in HTML format, but I do not have any clue of what next? 

I am new as an admin.
I would need something simple to use what I exported or the full process. ;-)

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA 

If I'm honest, I'm not sure what you'd do after exporting.  I think that would be a question for your web developers.

I'm a little confused as to why you wouldn't host it on Confluence in the first place?  As with your export method you'll need to re-export every time you make a change to the documentation.

Thanks,

Liam

Carolina SILVA June 6, 2021

hello Liam

I am hosting my documentation on Confluence.

1. But I do not want to share it with to my customer (as I would need to authorize anonymous access + the UI is not as professional as we have today

2. I'm looking a way to take the doc stored on our Confluence to build a kind of website with an URL I can set to share to my customers. 

I think this is not feasible today ;-( 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA 

That makes more sense to me now, thank you!

I think the only option here would be to export the whole thing as HTML, then re-export every time you make changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events