Export / Import Space Confluence

Flaviano Silva April 6, 2016

Hello, I need to export and import confluence space for another installation of Confluence Cloud.

how to make?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2016
Hitesh Veeramachaneni May 23, 2016

Hi Nic,

There is a Confluence Wiki (~20 users with restricted access) and then there is Confluence for all users across the organisation. 

A wiki user exported a space and asked me to import it into Confluence. I imported the XML Backup, everything went good.. Re-Indexing happened too.. Although there is one problem. 

Clicking on few links would redirect me to Confluece wiki LogIn page. Few links are working fine(staying on the Confluence and rendering appropriate content). 

What's possibly happening with those few links that are redirecting the user to Confluence wiki(from where the space was exported)?

FYI, Space exported from 5.4.x and imported into 5.9.2

Someone please suggest a solution.

Thank You..  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2016

Were the links going off to the old Confluence you imported it from?  Hardcoded links instead of local ones?

Hitesh Veeramachaneni May 23, 2016

Yes Nic, few links are going off to the site from which the space was exported out from.

No, I did not hard code any links in any file. Should I?

I assumed, it is built with in Confluence to change / point links automatically during the import process to the new Confluence! 

If you're suggesting me to hard code links, would you please tell me which file should I edit and where it would be located.

Thanks for your response.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2016

The problem when you have http links in the text is that Confluence can't know that you might want to change them on import.  Or what to change them to.  ("Hard coding" was not the right phrase, sorry.  I meant "links that have been explicitly phrased as a url, rather than relative pointers within Confluence")

You'll need to manually correct the links to their new targets.

Hitesh Veeramachaneni May 24, 2016

Yea, I edited the entities file manually and it worked fine. 

Thanks Nic. I appreciate your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events