cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand all menus in sidebar navigation

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

Hello,

is there a command or a trick to do that?

I sometimes have to copy all the pages underneath a certain point and don't know any better way than expanding all the pages with subpages manually!

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2016

If your use case is to copy a tree of pages from the current page you may like to look at this plugin. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.nurago.confluence.plugins.treecopy

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

No, that is not what I mean.

I simply want to expand the whole sidebar navigation with all the children and grand children.

My goal is to copy the whole navigational structure in one go. So far, I have to click plus signs to expand sub menus. What I am looking for is a one-click-thing to do the same.

Check the following image as an example. Before I can copy these nine links I have to expand three sub menus first.

2016-02-10 13_09_42-Emergency - Technical Documentation - EM SELFTEST - 0 Exportdatei - Technical Wo.png

edit: I change the wording from "open" to "expand", hoping that this makes the point more clear.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2016

So if I understand you correctly your use case is to copy the structure of the pages but not the content of such pages? 
Does the navigational structure vary that you wish to copy? Or is it more like a template that you apply repeatedly? 

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2016

Yes, I only want to copy the structure but not the content of the pages. I create a master page that has all the pages included. Having a copy of the whole structure helps me do that faster.

But okay, I can also get that structure by including the children macro on the top page.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2016

My approach would be to create this structure (without content) in a suitable space (possibly even my own personal space). I would configure it with any content that is standard across all usages. This may include such things as the children macro on the top page. Then I would use the treecopy plugin to generate a copy of this each time you need to use it. 
This only works effectively if you are always using a similar structure, if you have lots of different structures to copy it becomes more of a challenge. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events