Existing Gliffy diagrams are not displaying in 'Search for a diagram' option

Jo Harrop March 30, 2020

Hi I have existing Gliffy diagrams in various spaces that I want to display on a new space.  Ideally I want to use 'Link to Original Diagram' option.

However the gliffy diagrams are not being retrieved for me to select. Does anybody have any ideas why this is the case? I have permissions on all the spaces to edit so I don't think it is that.

I also tried include page macro but the diagrams just show an error message.  Really trying to avoid dumping new copies as maintenance will be a nightmare.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2020

Hey @Jo Harrop !

Here are a few suggestions to try to troubleshoot this quickly:

• What options do you have selected when doing the search in the Gliffy Editor? 

• What happens if you set the option All Spaces when you do the search?

• Are you able to select the exact space where the diagram exists from the spaces list on the Gliffy Search for a Diagram screen?

If none of those resolve this, would you mind sending screen grabs or a video recording of the steps you're taking to our support team? That would just be an email to support@gliffy.com. 

Thanks for your help as we figure this out! Linking diagrams is one of my favorite features, personally, so I totally understand the desire to get this working. :)

Jo Harrop March 31, 2020

Hi Samie

I'm on main Gliffy page (accessed from Confluence Select Macro dbox), if I select All Spaces I get a few images shown but definitely not showing all the diagrams in all the spaces.

If I search for the space I want it displays in the dropdown list but when I select it shows one solitary diagram (which I can't see anything different in permissions or format of the page it is located on)

Will send a screenshot

Thanks

Jo

1 vote
Jo Harrop April 1, 2020

Had some great support from Gliffy support team, turns out I need to go to original diagrams and Publish (without updating) - they then all appeared in the Gliffy editor and could be selected and linked to as normal.

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2020

Yesss, so glad you got this solved! I wouldn't have thought to make sure the originals are already published — I'll add that to my "things to check" list. Thanks for the update, Jo!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events