Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude-strategy for pages of space export

Guenter Huber August 25, 2013

In Confluence 5.1 we want to exclude certain pages from space PDF (possibly Scroll HTML) export for certain customers.

So far this is / was done by restrictions to single (parent) pages, which is a royal pain in the neck as one needs to name half a dozen groups in Restrict (which actually is an Allow) to exclude a single one. The export is then done with a user from the group to be excluded.

Thanks
G.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guenter Huber September 11, 2013

Guess I ll have to stick with page-wise export exclusion with permissions. <sigh>

0 votes
Guenter Huber September 5, 2013

Guess I ll have to stick with page-wise export exclusion with permissions. <sigh>

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013
0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

I am afraid I don't fully understand your question or what you do.

If you export a space to PDF you can explicitly define which pages should be included and which not. If you want to exclude smaller units (e.g. chapters within a page) you can achieve that with a noprint macro.

Perhaps you could describe your problem in more detail if this is not what you are looking for?

Guenter Huber August 26, 2013

Thanks, Steffen, for your suggestion!
It s no option that I manually go through the include / exclude.

I checked the noprint macro. I don t think this would be any easier than the current cludge.

The pain point with the current approch is / was that I have to name several groups to allow them to view the page - to exclude one group. If there is a new group I need to add it to all pages.

If I could negate this / turn the view restriction logic around it would actually be THE solution. Or maybe to add a group to all pages marked restricted through an API would be good.

Thanks again
G.

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2013

@Guenther:

I think I finally understand your point. Have you had a look at this page. I think it deals with the same topic.

Do you need a solution for page exports only or is it really about restricting the visibility of pages and the export is just a byproduct?

Guenter Huber August 26, 2013

Yeah, counterintuitive or counterproductive would be a great term for the combination of permissions (at space level) and restrictions (at page level). ;-)

And why does regular support always have the non-answers (see below) and do external people hit the point? <grrrin>

But what product does not have its deficiencies?

On a constructive note:
I guess I m over the worst that I added an additional "restriction" <arrrghh> group to several dozen pages.

And yes, we need it for both - to restrict (really! <g>) visibility and export of pages.

Remains the question: Do you know off the top of your head how to programmatically iterate over the already "restricted" pages to add another group? Or as said to negate a real restriction? Or file an enhancement request for real restrictions? But what do we call it then? <g>

Or do you have something entirely different up your sleeve?

Thanks!
G.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events